The 2020-21 update period for the National Industry Insights Report (NIIR) is now underway.
Find latest updates and learn more about the NIIR and NCVER’s involvement below.
Friday 18 December 2020
The final collection of updated industry pages are now live on the NIIR website. Industry clusters include:
- Arts, Culture, Entertainment and Design
- Community Services
- Manufacturing and Related Services
- Printing and Graphic Arts
Tuesday 1 December 2020
The second collection of updated industry pages are now live on the NIIR website. Industry clusters include:
- Business Services
- Financial Services
- Information & Communications Technology
- Mining, Drilling & Civil Infrastructure
- Personal Services
- Retail & Wholesale
- Sport, Fitness & Recreation
- Tourism, Travel & Hospitality
Wednesday 30 September 2020
The first collection of updated industry pages are now live on the NIIR website. Industry clusters include:
- Amenity Horticulture and Conservation
- Animal Care and Management
- Aquaculture and Wild Catch
- Corrections and Public Safety
- Food and Pharmaceutical Production
- Forest and Wood Products
- Pulp and Paper Manufacturing
- Property Services
What is the NIIR?
NCVER has developed the AISC’s National Industry Insights Report to present a customised analysis of Australian labour market data on skills needs, training patterns, and economic and employment trends.
It brings this data together with grassroots industry intelligence and other literature to assist the Industry Reference Committees (IRCs) in the design and development of training packages to meet industry needs, now and into the future.
The NIIR is divided into 2 main sections:
- The National Skills Overview provides a high-level picture of skills requirements in Australia, across all industries. This includes a framework of high-priority skills in demand, a breakdown of key factors and trends driving this demand, and a summary of key initiatives and training package development projects in place to address skills needs
- The industry pages break this information down, sector by sector, providing easy-to-access industry-specific data and analysis on training patterns and employment trends, as well as an examination of industry literature and forecasts which identify the skills in highest demand over the coming years.
The data and information contained in the NIIR is refined and updated every year to ensure it remains useful and relevant.
Learn more on the National Industry Insights Report website.