This publication provides a summary of the outcomes of international onshore students who completed their vocational education and training in Australia in 2016. These students were surveyed as an additional, trial component to the 2017 National Student Outcomes Survey, which is an annual survey of Australian graduates (students awarded a qualification) and subject completers (students who successfully completed part of a course and then left the VET system). The trial component comprised international onshore graduates only.
The population for the survey was sourced from the National VET Provider Collection. A census was conducted of the international onshore VET graduate population in this collection, specifically of students who had a unique student identifier (USI), or students without a USI where contact information could be sourced from jurisdictions.
There were 42 923 international onshore graduates in scope for the trial, and 37 690 graduates received an invitation to complete the survey. Of these graduates, 11 506 responded and were in scope of the survey, representing a response rate of 30.5%.
- 63.3% of international onshore graduates undertook training for employment-related reasons, 29.5% for personal reasons and 7.2% for further study reasons.
- 89.2% fully or partly achieved their main reason for training.
- 67.4% of international onshore graduates were employed after training.
- 47.7% were enrolled in further study after training.
- 82.0% were employed or enrolled in further study after training.
Satisfaction with training
- 85.3% of international onshore graduates were satisfied with the overall quality of the training.
- 88.8% would recommend the training, and 84.8% their training provider.
|International onshore VET graduate outcomes 2017||716.8 KB||Download|
|International onshore VET graduate outcomes 2017||.docx||455.9 KB||Download|
|Technical notes||181.1 KB||Download|
|Technical notes||.docx||77.2 KB||Download|
|Data dictionary||919.7 KB||Download|
|Data dictionary||.doc||1.5 MB||Download|
Tables from the International onshore VET graduate outcomes 2017 publication in Excel format.
This infographic provides a snapshot of the outcomes of international onshore VET graduates who comp… Show more