This publication provides a summary of the outcomes of international students who completed their vocational education and training (VET) qualification in Australia in 2017. These students were surveyed as an additional component to the 2018 National Student Outcomes Survey. The international component comprised international onshore graduates undertaking VET qualifications delivered by:
- TAFE (technical and further education) institutes
- community education providers
- private training providers.
The survey excludes:
- international graduates who completed their training with an Australian training provider offshore
- international graduates under 18 years of age.
There were 52 198 international onshore graduates in scope for the international component, of which 47 635 received an invitation to complete the survey. Of these, 11 265 responded to the survey.
- 87.9% fully or partly achieved their main reason for training, down 1.3 percentage points from 2017.
- 56.2% of international onshore VET graduates improved their employment status after training, up 2.0 percentage points from 2017.
- 38.8% were enrolled in further study after training in Australia, down 6.6 percentage points from 2017.
Satisfaction with training
- 84.5% of international onshore VET graduates were satisfied with the overall quality of the training, similar to 2017.
- 87.5% would recommend the training, down 1.3 percentage points from 2017.
|International onshore VET graduate outcomes 2018||638.7 KB||Download|
|International onshore VET graduate outcomes 2018||.docx||476.2 KB||Download|
|Technical notes||306.1 KB||Download|
|Data dictionary||1.2 MB||Download|
|Mail invitation||206.6 KB||Download|
Tables from the International onshore VET graduate outcomes 2018 publication in Excel format.
This infographic provides a snapshot of the outcomes of international onshore VET graduates who comp… Show more