This publication presents completion rates for nationally recognised vocational education and training (VET) qualifications; namely training package qualifications and accredited qualifications, at certificate I or above.
The projected completion rates for nationally recognised vocational education and training (VET) qualifications commencing in 2017 are:
- 49.0% for all qualifications
- 49.9% for training package qualifications
- 40.4% for accredited qualifications
- 31.1% for qualifications at certificate I
- 58.9% for qualifications at diploma or above
- 50.0% for government-funded qualifications undertaken by domestic students
- 42.9% for fee-for-service qualifications undertaken by domestic students
- 70.1% for fee-for-service qualifications undertaken by international students.
Projected completion rates for VET qualifications commencing in 2017, i.e. the latest year of activity, are likely to be overstated due to high proportions of continuing students (refer to explanatory notes on page 11). Total VET data has only been reliably collected since 2015, which limits the use of mathematical techniques that rely on probabilities to calculate projected completion rates, so caution must be used in the interpretation of these data, particularly year to year comparisons.
|VET qualification completion rates 2017||439.8 KB||Download|
|VET qualification completion rates 2017||.docx||948.4 KB||Download|
The data slicer allows users to create customised data tables from the VET qualification completion… Show more
As the data on total VET activity has matured since the first reliable collection in 2015, we are no… Show more