VET student outcomes 2019 presents information on the outcomes of students who completed their vocational education and training (VET) in Australia during 2018. The figures are derived from the National Student Outcomes Survey, which is an annual survey of students who were awarded a qualification (graduates), or who completed at least one subject and left the VET system without obtaining a qualification (subject completers). Summary information is presented on students’ reason for training, employment outcomes, satisfaction with training and further study outcomes. Data on the main reason for not continuing with the training are available for subject completers.
- 65.8% had an improved employment status after training
- 66.7% were employed before training; of these, 18.0% were employed at a higher skill level after training, up 1.5 percentage points from 2018
- 33.3% were not employed before training; of these, 46.8% were employed after training, down 1.6 percentage points from 2018
- 88.1% were satisfied with the overall quality of training, up 1.3 percentage points from 2018.
- 63.3% had an improved employment status after training
- 81.0% were employed before training; of these, 8.6% were employed at a higher skill level after training, similar to 2018
- 19.0% were not employed before training; of these, 45.2% were employed after training, down 2.3 percentage points from 2018
- 91.4% were satisfied with the overall quality of training, up 1.0 percentage points from 2018.
|VET student outcomes 2019||644.5 KB||Download|
|VET student outcomes 2019||.docx||464.7 KB||Download|
|Terms and definitions||260.7 KB||Download|
|Technical notes||606.2 KB||Download|
|Questionnaire: continuing students||66.6 KB||Download|
|Reminder letter: graduates||840.7 KB||Download|
|Reminder letter: subject completers||841.4 KB||Download|
|Data dictionary||4.2 MB||Download|
|Questionnaire map||725.6 KB||Download|
Tables from the VET student outcomes 2019 publication in Excel format.
The Government-funded student outcomes data slicer is an Excel pivot table that allows users to easi… Show more
Government-funded student outcomes: time series information on key measures at a national and state/… Show more
New data from over 170 000 VET students shows that satisfaction with VET remains high.
This technical paper reports on the 2018 self-reported graduate model review. This statistical model… Show more
Privacy notice for participants of the 2020 Student Outcomes Survey.