Data and statistical services
Where the data you need are not available from the NCVER Portal, we may be able to provide you with customised data or statistical services to meet your requirements.
For further information, refer to Using NCVER data.
Library information services
NCVER provides a range of specialist library services, including:
- Reference service to help researchers locate information on specific topics
- Document delivery service
- Group training sessions in the use of the VOCEDPlus - NCVER's free international research database for tertiary education relating to workforce needs, skills development, and social inclusion.
For further information, refer to VOCEDplus.
Data and information access policy
1. NCVER provides statistical and library information services to a range of internal and external users at marginal cost for the purposes of research.
2. To set out the principles for accessing and charging for NCVER statistical data and library information services.
3. There are two broad principles governing access to data and library information. The first pertains to data protection. Access to NCVER data holdings (national VET administrative collections and surveys) by the Commonwealth and state and territory governments, training providers, peak bodies, researchers and the general public is governed by the National VET Data Policy (2017).
4. The second principle is that users will be charged the marginal cost of providing the data or library information. The implication of this principle is that users are not charged for the infrastructure provided under the statistical program and research management contracts, but are charged for labour and materials for the provision of data or library information.
5. It should be noted that NCVER undertakes research itself and commercial consultancies. NCVER's policy is that external users will have access to the data and library information for these purposes under the same terms and conditions as NCVER. This includes any charges for access to the data and library information.
6. There are fees associated with accessing data and library information from NCVER. These fees are applicable to information that is over and above what is freely available on the NCVER website.
7. The procedure and charge-out rate for access to NCVER statistical data and library information services is spelt out in a separate procedure document, NCVER Data Access and Charging Procedure.
- For all requests, there will be a charge to cover labour for either data extraction or library services. GST will be additional if applicable.
- Other expenses as appropriate will be charged for. For example, a charge would be made if specialised software or hardware needed to be purchased. This would be at cost.
- The rate shall be determined by the complexity of the task and the level of the officer undertaking the analysis.
To discuss your specific requirements, please contact us. Your inquiry will be referred to an NCVER Consultant who will contact you to discuss your needs and provide you with an obligation free quote.