The client support team at NCVER provides:
- assistance to RTOs to help meet their AVETMISS data reporting requirements
- help in using the AVETMISS Validation Software (AVS) and Data Entry Tool (DET)
- communication around the reporting deadlines.
- help using the USI Transcript Update Tool
The collection window for direct reporting to NCVER of 2016 AVETMISS fee-for-service activity will open on 3 January 2017 and close on 28 February 2017.
For those RTOs reporting their fee-for-service data to a State Training Authority (STA), please note that their deadline may be earlier than this.
For further information and how to report a nil return please see our Data Support Bulletin – November 2016
AVETMISS Validation Software
The web-based AVETMISS Validation Software (AVS) is a file validation and data submission system designed for training organisations and agencies to provide data to the National VET Provider Collection. The USI Transcript Update Tool, which is accessed within AVS enables RTOs to make updates to USI transcripts.
Data Entry Tool
NCVER's Data Entry Tool is a free web–based software tool that allows smaller RTOs to capture client training data and produce AVETMISS compliant NAT files.
The client support team has developed a range of resources to assist you with meeting your AVETMISS reporting requirements.
Get ready for release 8.0
Feedback from RTOs and student management system (SMS) vendors has contributed to a new release of the Standard, release 8.0, which will apply to all training activity from 1 January 2018.
Release 8.0 detailed documents available for download are:
- AVETMISS VET Provider Collection specifications: release 8.0
- AVETMISS data element definitions: edition 2.3
Other resources designed to help explain the changes are:
- AVETMISS 8.0 for VET providers: what’s changing from release 7.0
- Webinar recording: Get ready for release 8.0.
You should refer to these resources to ensure your systems and processes are ready for the first collection under the new release.
We can help with questions about the AVETMISS national data standard, the AVETMISS Validation Software and the AVETMISS Data Entry Tool.
Hours of operation are 8:45am to 5pm (Adelaide time), Monday to Friday. We will respond to your query within two business days.
If your question is about:
- obtaining or verifying a Unique Student Identifier (USI) or USI transcript - please contact the USI Office.
- state or territory specific reporting requirements — you can find contact information for your State Training Authority (STA) below.
- your student management system — please contact the software vendor directly. NCVER is not affiliated with any student management system.
- the Learner Engagement or Employer Satisfaction Quality Indicator reports — you can find contact information for your registering body below.
Support in your state or territory for questions regarding the National VET Provider Collection (AVETMISS)
ACT- Skills Canberra
02 6205 7057
NSW - Board of Vocational Education & Training
|02 9266 email@example.com|
NT - Department of Trade, Business & Innovation - Employment and Skilling
|08 8935 firstname.lastname@example.org|
Qld - Department of Education & Training
07 3513 6899
SA - Department of State Development
08 8226 3050
Tas - Skills Tasmania
1800 655 846
Vic - Department of Education & Training
03 9637 2748
WA - Department of Training & Workforce Development
08 6551 5281
Support from your registering body regarding registration and Quality Indicator reporting requirements
Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA)
1300 701 801
Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA)
03 9637 2806
WA Training and Accreditation Council (TAC)
08 9441 1910
|NCVER's client support team|
Phone: 08 8230 8400