The Australian Vocational Education and Training Management Information Statistical Standard (AVETMISS) for VET providers is the data standard for the National VET Provider Collection and the VET in Schools Collection, which collects training information from government funded and privately-operated training providers.
The VET Provider Standard is presented in two documents: the AVETMISS VET Provider Collection specifications and the AVETMISS data element definitions. The collection specifications describe the files and fields to be collected. The data element definitions define the fields or data elements used in the collection.
Results of the National VET Provider Collection are reported in the Students and courses publications. Results of the VET in Schools Collection are reported in the Young People and VET in Schools publications.
Current related publications are provided below. Superseded publications can be accessed through the VOCEDplus database.
The current version of the Standard is release 8.0, which applies to all training activity from 1 January 2018.
Release 8.0 documents available for download are:
- AVETMISS VET Provider Collection specifications: release 8.0
- AVETMISS data element definitions: edition 2.3
- Standard enrolment questions example form for R8.0
A number of webinar recordings are available regarding Release 8.0:
- Webinar recording: Get ready for release 8.0
- Ask NCVER: Release 8.0 Q&A for RTOs and Presentation Slides
- Coming to terms with Release 8 of AVETMISS for VET Providers and Presentation Slides
A copy of Release 7.0 of the Standard is available from the VOCEDplus database.
For support with the AVETMISS for VET Provider collection specific to your user type, please see: