Revised February 2020: Table 17 in Apprentice and trainee experience and destinations 2019 was updated in February 2020. The figures for the number of completer and non-completer respondents remain the same.
This survey collects information on the outcomes of apprentices and trainees who completed (completers) or cancelled or withdrew (non-completers) from an apprenticeship or traineeship during 2018. Information is collected on apprentices’ and trainees’ reasons for training, their employment outcomes, reasons for non-completion, further study outcomes and satisfaction with the apprenticeship or traineeship.
- 87.7% of completers and 73.8% of non-completers were employed after training
- 43.1% of completers and 20.9% of non-completers were employed in the same occupation as their apprenticeship or traineeship.
- 88.4% of completers and 50.1% of non-completers were satisfied overall with their apprenticeship or traineeship
- 88.1% of completers and 63.0% of non-completers were satisfied with the off-the-job training associated with their apprenticeship or traineeship.
Main reason for undertaking an apprenticeship or traineeship
The main reason those in a:
- trade occupation undertook their training was because they wanted to work in that type of job (37.5% of completers and 37.8% of non-completers)
- non-trade occupation undertook their training was because it was a requirement of their job (22.9% of completers and 22.7% of non-completers).
|Apprentice and trainee experience and destinations 2019||580.9 KB||Download|
|Apprentice and trainee experience and destinations 2019||.docx||419.5 KB||Download|
|Terms and defintions||221.8 KB||Download|
|Technical notes||734.0 KB||Download|
|Data dictionary||1.3 MB||Download|
|Primary approach letter||746.5 KB||Download|
|Privacy notice||216.5 KB||Download|
This product presents the tables from the Apprentice and Trainee Experience and Destinations 2019 pu… Show more
This Excel file contains a data slicer that provides a snapshot of the outcomes of apprentices and t… Show more
Nearly nine in ten (87.7%) apprentices and trainees who complete their training are employed afterwa… Show more
This infographic provides a snapshot of the outcomes and satisfaction for apprentices and trainees w… Show more