This publication presents completion rates for nationally recognised vocational education and training (VET) qualifications; namely training package qualifications and accredited qualifications, at certificate I or above.
This publication presents the first observed actual completion rates for nationally recognised vocational education and training (VET) qualifications collected under total VET activity, that is, for qualifications that commenced in 2015. Completion rates are projected for subsequent years.
Completion rates for VET qualifications commencing in 2015, the first year for which observed actual rates are available, were:
- 41.4% for all qualifications
- 42.0% for training package qualifications
- 35.7% for accredited qualifications
- 30.0% for qualifications at certificate I
- 36.1% for qualifications at diploma or higher
- 46.6% for government-funded qualifications undertaken by domestic students
- 33.5% for fee-for-service qualifications undertaken by domestic students
- 58.3% for fee-for-service qualifications undertaken by international students.
- By level of education, completion rates were highest for certificate IV qualifications (47.0%) followed by certificate III (44.5%).
|VET qualification completion rates 2018||1.0 MB||Download|
|VET qualification completion rates 2018||.docx||1.0 MB||Download|
The data slicer allows users to create customised data tables from the VET qualification completion… Show more