Access to VOCSTATS is available to registered users only. To apply for registration to this service, please complete and submit the form below.
Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
The following information will assist NCVER with the administration of your registration request.
Please provide a brief description of why you're requesting VOCSTATS access, for example you're looking to extract information on apprenticeship commencements*:
Have you had any previous experience in using NCVER statistical publications, data and analysis (i.e. slicers, publications, infographics)?*
Terms and conditions of use
In using the VOCSTATS application and data, I / this organisation agree to take full responsibility for ensuring the data will be protected according to the following conditions:
- Use the information only for the purposes of statistical analysis.
- Store and protect VOCSTATS data from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including:
- Protecting the privacy of the data and related individuals who may be identifiable in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012.
- Restricting access to the information to users who will only use the information for the purposes of statistical analysis, are directly involved in the statistical analysis, and take measures to ensure they understand and adhere to their obligations to protect the information, privacy of individuals, and confidentiality of organisations.
- Keeping a record of all persons granted access to the data (as per clause b).
- Not attempting to identify an individual, including matching the information with any other information for the purposes of identifying individuals.
- Not disclosing information to other persons or organisations on any information in the data where the identity of a particular individual might reasonably be ascertained.
- Not disclosing information on any particular organisation contained in the data to any other person or organisation without the written permission of the organisation to which the information relates.
- Not publishing or disclosing the data or research results in a way that would enable any individual or organisation (other than your own) to be identified.
- Not using the information as a basis for legal, administrative, or other actions that could affect individuals or organisations (other than your own) contained in the data.
- Relinquishing access and not attempting to access the data if no longer working on the specified statistical analysis, or upon ceasing employment with the specified organisation.
- Ensuring that exported data in all media (CD-ROMs, DVDs, portable storage devices, electronic files, hard copy) are stored securely with access controls.
- Destroying the data and any copies of it at the conclusion of the specified purpose, provided that the organisation may retain a single copy of the data for archive purposes or to comply with any applicable laws or institutional policy, subject to the organisation continuing to comply with the terms of this undertaking.
- Include the following citation below the table/graph: “Source: VOCSTATS <https://www.ncver.edu.au/research-and-statistics/vocstats>, extracted on dd/mm/yy”
- Acknowledge that the data were originally collected by registered training organisations and state training authorities around Australia
- Acknowledge that the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) is not responsible for the correct extraction, analysis or interpretation of the data presented herein
The Applicant registering for VOCSTATS (in the case of an individual) or Organisation (in any other case) (the Indemnifying Party) unconditionally and irrevocably indemnifies NCVER against any loss incurred by NCVER (including legal costs, on a solicitor own client basis) as a result of any failure by the Indemnifying Party or any of its officers, employees, contractors, agents or representatives to comply with the terms of this undertaking for any reason. The Indemnifying Party must on demand from NCVER immediately pay or reimburse NCVER’s loss.
The person or people completing the VOCSTATS Registration Form on behalf of the Organisation hereby represent and warrant that the information set out in the Registration Form is true and correct and he/she/they are duly authorised to sign this Registration Form on behalf of the Organisation and acknowledge that NCVER will rely upon and be induced thereby to grant access to data held by NCVER.
In agreeing to these terms and conditions I understand that a breach of these terms may result in withdrawal of access to this information.